The Production Room was founded in 1995 as one of the first full time digital commercial recording facilties on the central coast of California. We started with 4 stereo tracks, 16 mb of ram and a 250 mb hard drive. A lot has happened since then. Today we're focusing on ways to serve clients who are creating web based media content. This includes strategic planning to integrate the benefits of traditional media, web design and IT solutions into new programs produced especially for on-line consumers. Join in the conversation. Throw rocks at glass houses. Share your vision of the future. This is the most progressive time in the media arts since Johannes Gutenburg invented movable type!

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

5 Minute Media Manager

This is the beta version (audio only) of the 5 Minute Media Manager podcast from The Production Room. You're invited to preview this program and write your comments before it is available by subscription.

When I began to write this project, the premise was "How To Create a Podcast". But I couldn't seem to communicate my ideas very well and I was frustrated. I'm not a technical engineer or a computer gearhead and the information I downloaded from other podcasters and bloggers seemed to feature technical knowhow, but offered limited insight into practical benefit for those who represent themselves on line. My script broke down. I needed help.

I began listening to my clients and my friends in other media and marketing related businesses. I learned that the more immediate issue for them was, "WHY do I need to know about podcasting, and HOW does it work?"

And thus was born the "5 Minute Media Manager" podcast concept.

Click here for 5 Minute Media Manager

Taymar Pixley of PixleyFlix has posted a very good link to answer the "What Is" and
some of the "How To" questions about podcasting on her blog:

http://www.pixleyflix.com/blogger/2007/01/so-just-what-exactly-is-podcast-anyway.html

Taken together, these programs are a thumbnail explanation of what's happening, how it works and why it affects you.

It's a good place to begin considering how you might use these tools.

No comments: